I saw this meme in irisbleufic
's journal earlier and just couldn't resist. I wanted to start recording right away, but there were workers still hammering away in the afternoon, so I had to wait until I came back from the usual Thursday magazine meeting.
Also, please remember English isn't my native language, so this is probably going to sound a bit fake, but that's the way I sound when I speak English. The volume's a bit low, sorry.Instructions:
1) Your name and/or username
2) Where you're from
3) The following words: Aunt, Roof, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting Image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught, Orange, Coffee, Direction, Naturally, Aluminium and Herbs.
4) What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
5) What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
6) What do you call gym shoes?
7) What do you say to address a group of people?
8) What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
9) What do you call your grandparents?
10) What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
11) What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
12) What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
13) Read this passage from The Speech Accent Archive:Please call Stella. Ask her to bring these things with her from the store: Six spoons of fresh snow peas, five thick slabs of blue cheese, and maybe a snack for her brother Bob. We also need a small plastic snake and a big toy frog for the kids. She can scoop these things into three red bags, and we will go meet her Wednesday at the train station.