You know what? LJ is actually not blocked
. But I don't want to risk it, I'll just post this and log off.
So, here's the second part of my Rambling Report(TM). I'll upload pictures tomorrow.8th December, Leipzig
- I had to take the train from Hamburg to Hannover and from there to Leipzig, but the first one was late and I thought I would miss the connection. Luckily the second train was late too. Danke, Deutsche Bahn!
- At Leipzig Hauptbahnhof I met up with slash_kitten
; we took a walk around the Christmas market, she bought me Apfelglühwein (danke nochmal ♥) and then, since the weather was kinda crappy, we ended up in a Starbucks and just chatted until I checked my watch and found out it was already 4:45 PM and I still had to go to the hostel, check in etc.
- The hostel was an A&O, but it was completely different from the one in Hamburg: the foyer looked like the one of a 4-star hotel and the room was great. If you ever need a hostel in Leipzig, go there.
- I arrived at the venue at 6:20 PM and there was an actual orderly queue
! At first I thought "So much for trying to sneak to the front", but I quickly realised people would never stay in line when the doors would open and I was right: the line was sort of L-shaped and once the security opened the door, everyone rushed to the front. Final result: second row between Holly and Bela. *thumbs up*
- Bela's way to make the audience cheer louder: "Ick bin Berliner, ick bin besser jewohnt!"
- Bela's trousers were a bit too big and kept slipping down. No silver thong this time, just plain black underwear. Boring! ;)
- After Holly's "Keiner versteht mich, Leipzig!" Bela commented "Keiner versteht dich in Leipzig? Für dich ist das Glas immer halbleer, oder? Du spielst auf dieser Bühne, mit dieser großartigen Band und gestern hat Gary sogar Oralsex im Tourbus angeboten!" Or something along those lines. The audience then screamed to prove that, ja, wir verstehen dich, Holly, and Bela introduced "Was ist nur los" saying "Alle verstehen Holly, aber ich verstehe die Frauen." And went on saying he had been described as "Punk womanizer" or something and added "Well, it's true". Did I mention he's a total poser? :P (Actually, I'm not sure if he said this in Leipzig or somewhere else, but whatever.)
- Then it was Olsen's turn to become the target of Bela's jokes. Bela: "Ich bin ein Mann der Wörter, Olsen ist ein Mann des Penises." At that Olsen made such a funny face, you could virtually see a big WTF speech bubble above his head. Bela then went on saying Olsen has a big dick but "er kommt nach anderthalb Sekunden". Care to explain how you found out? XD
- The Bobotanz Ansage was about music for "Bumsenmachen". Danny said "Of course if you're Bela fans you would play The Beatles!" At that Bela collapsed on the floor and Danny said "Oh no, sorry, I meant...*insert band I can't remember here* or... Die Ärzte!" and Bela just burst out laughing. After the song Danny said Bela is the biggest bobo of all. And he's kinda right, you know. ;)
- After the concert I caught a glimpse of Schwarwel chatting with the techs at the mixer. Yay, celebrity spotting! XD9th December, Berlin
- The first thing I did when I got home was taking out my combat boots (they're great if you need to keep your feet dry, but after 4 days I couldn't feel my toes anymore); then I took a long, warm bath and finally ate some decent food. I think I've never loved pasta as much as I did in that moment. :P
- There was another Italian fan at the concert, she had come from Rome to see it and it was her first Bela gig, so we decided to try and get to the front, because a) she's not so tall and wanted to be sure she would be able to see him
and b) I was in a "front row mood", you know, to celebrate the last show. We met in front of the venue around 15:30, which is early
for a Bela concert, especially in winter. There were already people waiting, but we got to the front row with no problem, in a nice spot on the left side. We wanted to shout something silly in Italian, but in the end we only sang along to "Dracula chachacha", since we were probably the only two people in the audience who could understand the (very silly) lyrics. ;)
- Of course the one time I'm in the front row, they have cameras recording the show and photographers taking tons pictures of the audience everywhere. I'm sure I'll end up in a photo looking ridiculous. D'oh.
- And, since they were recording the concert, Bela had to forget the lyrics of a few songs. He even played the first few verses of "Satan, Gott und das Glück" and then started it again from the beginning. And apropos "Satan, Gott und das Glück", Holly did a bit of moonwalking before it and ended up stomping Gary's guitar pedals and messing up all the settings. Well done, guys! XD
- Bela's introduction to "Was ist nur los" was "Frauen, ich verstehe euch, Alter!" So charming. XD
- Bela mentioned "Rodrigo Gonzalez ist hier" and when the audience wasn't loud enough before "1. 2. 3..." he said "Rod schläft grade im Backstage ein!" I think he may have mentioned Farin as well, but I can't really remember if/when/where.
- The audience started clapping in time at one point and either Bela or Olsen commented: "Berliners are very good at clapping. And they keep the beat!" And then I'm sure it was Bela who said "Too many Peter Fox concerts?" And Olsen replied "Or Die Ärzte?"
- Danny's introduction for Bobotanz was in German this time, even if he said "People who know me know my German is Scheiße!" After the song Bela made various Bezirke scream; he started with the Prenzelbergers, of course, then with Kreuzberg, then Spandau (he pointed at the guestlist area where his family was) and, finally, Neukölln. Neukölln, Alter!
- And after the Bobotanz we got... the Homo dance, featuring Alexander Marcus. No comment. XD
- We got a lot of football jokes as well, mainly about Hertha-BSC and aimed at Olsen and Gary, who were not
- After "Gitarre runter" all the band (except from Holly, who was busy checking something) knelt down in front of Olsen and worshipped him while he played his solo.
- Towards the end of the concert I caught a glimpse of Rod standing at the right side of the stage. When it was over, darth_funk
came to me and said "OMG Rod is standing just in front of us!" HAHA, who cares about Bela when you can see Rod? ;)
- After the concert I also caught a glimpse of Frank Z (Maike, you're right, he's really short!) and saw Gary and Holly hanging around chatting with some friends. Danny was there too, but just for two minutes, then he went backstage with his girlfriend. I was tempted to go to Holly and just thank him for the great concerts (yes, I'm a total Holly fan, how did you guess), but in the end I didn't. There wasn't the same laid-back atmosphere from the last tour, when the band used to hang around and chat with fans after the shows. And he was talking to some people anyway, I didn't want to bother him.
So, that's it. Bela's going to play a few festivals next summer (and maybe a couple of warm-up gigs like they did in 2007?), but it's way too early to think about it, I don't even know where I'll be by that time. But even if I go back to Italy, the central week of August is the traditional holiday week for us, so going to at least one festival shouldn't be a problem. I'd prefer a normal gig, though.
Man, I can't believe the tour is already over.